Effective Date: November 24, 2021
What Personal Data Does Speccheck Collect?
- User information, such as the name, username, password, email address, settings and any other information you provide in connection with your user account.
- Emails and messages, including monthly newsletters, and support contact. This information consists of the emails we send to individuals, and the messages that users may send to one another.
In addition to the above, we may automatically collect the following types of information:
- Website activity information, such as application logs, data files, information collected by cookies, IP address, browser information, and metrics generated in the normal operation of a website. “Application logs” are text files in which are recorded most of the activities on a website, including page visits, comparisons, and usage. Website activity information is sometimes associated with an IP address or other Personal Data.
- We use Google Analytics to collect and process analytical data about users of Speccheck’s website. Google Analytics tracks your interaction with the Site and stores information about IP address, operating system, web browser, pages visited, information about demographics of our website users, the device used, and where the visit originated. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Within Customer Portals we use Hotjar to track interactions with the Portal to improve and develop our services. You can learn about HotJar’s practices by going to https://www.hotjar.com/privacy/, and opt out of them by enabling the ‘Do Not Track’ setting in your browser. Please see https://www.hotjar.com/policies/do-not-track/
For Which Purposes Will Speccheck Use Your Personal Data?
The Personal Data collected by Speccheck is used for the following purposes:
- To allow you to use the Service, to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users, and to allow users to identify each other by displaying Personal Data to other users and visitors of the Service;
- To provide updates and notifications to which you have subscribed;
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of, and optimizing the content you see; analyzing our products, services, website, mobile application, and any other digital assets; facilitating the functionality of our website, mobile application, and any other digital assets;
- To perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To perform data analyses and data aggregation (including anonymization of Personal Data);
- To comply with law enforcement requests and other legal obligations;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Speccheck, our employees, our users, or others, including by taking measures to prevent fraud;
- To comply with industry standards and our policies.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from Speccheck. Speccheck uses this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful and improve our service. If you do not want to receive email from us, please contact us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
When Does Speccheck Collect Personal Data Relating To You?
We may collect and use Personal Data relating to you when:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Data;
- We need your Personal Data to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries;
- We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Data;
- We have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Data. This includes our legitimate interests to ensure and improve the safety, security and performance of our products and services.
How Does Speccheck Receive Personal Data About You?
- We may receive Personal Data relating to you from:
- You directly when you provide us with information about you;
- Your use of Speccheck’s Service;
- Third parties that provide us with information about you.
For How Long Does Speccheck Keep Your Personal Data?
Speccheck stores Personal Data only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfillment of the purpose for which it was collected, unless otherwise required or authorized by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Data if required by law or if the Personal Data is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
How Will Speccheck Share the Personal Data It Receives?
Personal Data about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Data to anyone. We share your Personal Data only as described below.
- Members of our Group: We may share your Personal Data with any members of our group, which includes our affiliates, employees, subsidiaries and branch offices, to which it is reasonably necessary or desirable for us to disclose your data in order to carry out the above-mentioned data processing purposes.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples may include sending email and analyzing data. Unless we tell you differently, Speccheck’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Data we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Data for the above purposes.
- User profiles: User profile information including users’ name, email address, and other information you enter (“User Submissions”) may be displayed to other users in certain cases to facilitate user interaction within the Service. Users’ email addresses will not be directly revealed to other users by us, except, when the user is “connected” to another user via a shared group membership or through collaboration tools. You may designate certain User Submissions, including individual items in your purchase history, as private, in which case they will not be displayed to other users.
- Aggregate information: We may aggregate information about how our customers, collectively, use our site. Examples include most viewed machines and popular comparisons. Speccheck never discloses aggregate information in a manner that would identify you personally.
- Business Transfers: In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Speccheck, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Speccheck goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Speccheck may continue to use your Personal Data as set forth in this policy.
- Compliance with the Law, Protection of Speccheck and Others: We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Speccheck, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Data may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Data About You Secure?
Speccheck endeavors to protect user information to ensure that your Personal Data is kept private. We use physical, managerial, and technical security measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. In particular, we take steps to ensure that our employees and service providers who have access to your Personal Data only process it upon our instructions, unless otherwise required by law.
However, no measures are 100% secure and unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of your Personal Data. To protect the security of your data, you need to select and protect your password appropriately and limit access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
What Choices And Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data?
You have certain rights regarding the Personal Data we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what Personal Data we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
- Sometimes you may be required by law or by contract to provide us with your Personal Data to be able to use our products or services. In other cases, you may provide us with your personal data voluntarily. The particular reasons for using your Personal Data, whether you are required to provide your Personal Data, and the possible consequences of not providing your Personal Data will be indicated at the time the information is collected.
- You can add or update certain information on pages, such as your password, your email address, and your user profile information.
- Where required by law, we obtain your prior opt-in consent at the time of collection for certain processing of Personal Data, such as for monthly emails and new product alerts. If we rely on consent for the processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and, when you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
- You can opt out of the collection and use of certain information, which we collect about you by automated means, when you visit our website. Your browser may tell you how to be notified and opt out of receiving certain types of cookies and similar technologies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Services.
- To the extent provided by applicable law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your Personal Data. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to the use or disclosure of your Personal Data will mean that you cannot take advantage of some Speccheck features.
- Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to: obtain confirmation that we hold Personal Data about you, request access to and receive information about the Personal Data we maintain about you, receive copies of the Personal Data we maintain about you, exercise your right to data portability, update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data, object to or restrict the processing of your Personal Data, and have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate. These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
- If we fall short of your expectations in processing your Personal Data or you wish to make a complaint about our privacy practices, please tell us because it gives us an opportunity to fix the problem. You may contact us by using the contact details provided in the “How To Contact Us” section below. To assist us in responding to your request, please give full details of the issue. We attempt to review and respond to all complaints within a reasonable time.
- If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to another individual, you should make sure that the sharing with us and our further use as described to you from time to time is in line with applicable laws, so for example you should duly inform that individual on the processing of her/his Personal Data and obtain her/his consent, as may be necessary under applicable laws.
- To exercise your rights and choices as described above, please contact us as specified in the “How To Contact Us” section below.
Does Speccheck Collect Children’s Data?
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Data from children under 16 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed to children under the age of 16. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, you may alert us by using the contact details provided in the “How To Contact Us” section below. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Data from children under 16, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
Does Speccheck Transfer Your Personal Data Abroad?
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy of your Personal Data by Speccheck, or if you would like to exercise your rights to your Personal Data, please send a detailed message to [email protected] Please specify the subject of your request on the subject line and in the body of your message (e.g. “Request for access to my personal data”, etc.). We will provide the requested information and make every effort to resolve your concerns.